Who are we?
We are Rock Level Ltd. (“we”, “our”, “us”) and we operate under the name Rock Level.
We’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Any questions about your personal information please contact us by:
- emailing us at email@example.com
- or by writing to us at: Rock Level, 7 Monkton Hill, Chippenham, SN15 1EP, United Kingdom
We’re registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under number ZA371380. You can also contact them for advice and support.
Throughout this policy we’ll refer to our apps, websites, public forums, and other products and services collectively as “Services”.
Information we hold about you
We’ll give details about why we need your personal information and how we’ll use it before you begin, unless it’s obvious.
- Information submitted through our Services
- For example, when you sign up and provide details such as your name, age, ID, address, or details we collect about how you browse, and interact with our Services.
- Details about your transactions with us
- Including any payment methods you use.
- Depending on which of our Services you use this might include details required to make a payment to you.
- Information about how you use your devices
- Devices are lots of things like your computer, mobile, TV, tablet, voice-enabled device.
- For example the mobile network you use, your IP (Internet Protocol) address or operating system and the settings on your device.
- Information you gave us permission to access
- Things you give us explicit permission to see, like your address book, photos, geolocation, and data from your camera.
- Information from social networks or online accounts
- Information from any accounts that you share with us.
- Cookie and similar tracking information
- Log Data
- We receive information when you view content on or interact with our Services, which we refer to as “Log Data,” even if you have not created an account.
- For example, when you visit our websites, or visit a third-party service that includes our content, we may receive information about you. This Log Data includes information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device information (including device and application IDs), search terms, and cookie information.
- Content Information
- Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with content such as for your website or our public forums. For example if you use the Services to write a blog post or upload web page content which contains biographic information about you, we will have that information and so will anyone with access to the Internet if you choose to publish that content publicly.
- Depending on the Services you use you may provide us with credentials for your website (like SSH, FTP, and SFTP username and password). For example, users may provide us with these credentials to allow us to troubleshoot problems on their site more quickly.
How we use your information
To provide our services. We use it to:
- Help us manage your account.
- Track, analyse and improve the service we give you and other customers.
To meet our legal obligations. We use it to:
- Prevent illegal activities like money laundering, tax evasion and fraud.
To exercise what’s known as our legitimate interests. This is when we use data for a reason which is in your and/or our interest, and which doesn’t involve overriding your privacy rights. We use it to:
- Market products and services in our apps or websites or other Services.
- Protect you and others.
With your permission. We use it to:
- Market and communicate our products and services and those of affiliated partners where we think these will be of interest to you by email. You can always unsubscribe from receiving these if you want to, by email and via the apps.
Who we share it with
We may share your personal information with:
- Anyone who works for us when they need it to do their job.
- Any organisation which supports any of our services you use, when they need it to offer those services. That includes:
- Companies which process your payments for us.
- Analytical, Know Your Customer (KYC) and cyber security service providers.
- Customer ‘interface’ providers (like the ones who manage our customer support or chat services).
- Postal and email and other communications providers.
- Domain registration providers.
- Companies that do advertising for us (but we won’t share identifiable personal data with third parties for their own direct marketing unless you give us permission, and you can opt out any time).
- Anyone who you give us explicit permission to share it with.
Information you choose to make public is disclosed publicly:
- Information like your public profile, posts, comments, and other content that you make public on your website or via our Services.
- Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties.
- Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
We’ll also share it to comply with the law; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers or others.
How long we keep it
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the activities we told you about.
We keep information about you as long you are using us, and then information as required for 6 years after that to comply with the law for any legal and accounting requirements.
In cases like anti-money laundering, fraud, legal actions and proceedings, or a claim we may keep data longer if we need to and/or the law says we have to.
You have a right to:
- Access the personal data we hold about you, or to get a copy of it.
- Make us correct inaccurate data.
- Ask us to delete, ‘block’ or suppress your data, though for legal reasons we might not always be able to do it.
- Object to us using your data for direct marketing and in certain circumstances ‘legitimate interests’, research and statistical reasons.
- Withdraw any consent you’ve previously given us.
To do so, please contact us through our apps, websites or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we store your data
We might transfer and store the data we collect from you somewhere outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). People who work for us or our suppliers outside the EEA might also process your data. We only share data with organisations and countries that:
- The European Commission say have adequate data protection.
- We’ve agreed standard data protection clauses with.
Changes to this policy
We’ll post any changes we make to this policy on this page and, we will notify you by revising the change log below, and, in some cases we may provide additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you a notification by email or a message in our apps).
- 2018/05/26 – removed a duplicated “as required” from sentence.
- 2018/05/25 – Added more specific information to help clarify our practices and to reflect the requirements of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).